Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Zucchini-Mushroom Frittata

UPDATE:

Leftovers for breakfast this morning:


___________________________________________________________________

I harvested three more zucchini yesterday evening after I got home from work:


I wanted to make something a little different for breakfast this morning, so I decided on a frittata.  I sauteed onion and garlic in butter first, with a few herbs:

Parsley and Lemon Thyme
And about a third of the small green pepper, I harvested a couple of days ago:

I added sliced zucchini and  mushrooms, threw in a few tablespoons of the cilantro dressing I made last week:



And sauteed the veggies into they were just a little soft.

I whipped up some eggs with a couple of leaves of chopped basil, salt and pepper, Romano cheese, skim milk and a dollop of sour cream.  Then I combined it with the veggie mixture, and poured it into a buttered casserole dish.  I baked that for 25 minutes of 350 and then broiled it for 5 minutes right at the end:

Zucchini-Mushoom Frittata
Served with some homemade salsa on the side:


No comments:

Post a Comment